Saturday, July 8, 2017

Detonator Explosion Framework

The Detonator Explosion Framework is an excellent free package that can be acquired through the Asset Store.  It does have some quarks to get it to work with Unity 5, and the following is what I've observed needed to be done to get the Tiny Detonator to work.



Note that playing the game within the Unity Editor, there are no issues.  You may see some compiler warnings, but the prefab works as expected.  However, when you build the game into an executable, the explosion no longer renders.

The first remedy for this is to find the Detonator script on the prefab, and ensure that all the materials are assigned.  In my case none of the ones in the yellow box were assigned.


Next, within the Detonator Sound script, it was suggested to comment out the line shown below.


Once I made both of these changes, I was able to successfully get the explosions to work in the compiled version of my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment